Monday, April 24, 2017

Back to work I go...



To my sweet girl,

Time is flying by and its already time for me to go back to work.  I’m crying as I sit here because the thought of leaving you all day breaks my heart.  I will miss snuggling you before nap times, the sweet smile when you wake up from your morning naps, and the way you grin when you get that first clean diaper in the mornings.  Oh, my heart hurts to think about all the firsts I will probably miss. 

I want you to know that every second I am away from you my heart is wishing it was with you.  I want you to know that you and your daddy are the most important people in my world.  But more than any of this I want you to understand why mommy works.  Yes, we need the money and insurance.  Yes, mommy needs time outside of the home too.  But, more importantly than all of this, mommy feels called to a purpose greater than herself.

Yes, my sweet girl, this is what I hope you understand one day.  Jesus saved me according to good works that He has ordained for me.  Every person is created for a purpose; that includes mommy, daddy, and even you.  I am so passionate about making sure that kids who are less fortunate than you have a safe place to go and have someone looking out for them too.  I feel God placed me here to fight for them and fight to make sure they are safe and protected too.

Being your daddy’s wife and your mommy are the biggest joys in my life.  My number one job is to serve your daddy and to raise you up to know and follow the Lord.  So, every day when I leave you, know that my heart aches with the things I might miss that day.  But, one day I want you to look back and remember that mommy was working for a purpose bigger than her and even bigger than you.

I hope one day you have the joy of being a wife and mommy.  (If that’s not what God has for you that’s okay too).  But, I hope you find your purpose and I hope you commit to serving God, no matter how hard it is.  Maybe your purpose will be to stay at home and raise my grandbabies (and maybe even take care of other people’s babies!)  Maybe it will be to go live across the ocean and tell people about Jesus that have never heard.  Maybe your purpose will be to teach snotty nosed little kindergarteners.  I don’t know what your purpose is going to be; I am so excited about watching you grow and figure it out.  I hope that whatever it is you have the strength to follow after it with all you have because you saw your mom and dad stand strong and do what they were called to!

I love you forever.

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment